Thursday, November 02, 2006

Burke Williams Spa - Stay Away

It has been a long time since I have been to Burke Williams Spa. I was given a gift certificate for a massage by a dear friend (a devoted BW fan) and finally redeemed it last night at their Sunset location.

What a huge disappointment. The massage itself was actually pretty good, but everything else was a mess. The sauna was broken and the spa seemed run down and outdated (picture black and white photos of Hollywood legends on the wall...as if they would ever go there).

The best part came when I went to pay with my gift certificate...they couldn't find it in the system! I had the actual Burke Williams card, but for some reason there was nothing in their system that showed the certificate in my hand even existed! They checked the purchaser's account, used the serial number on the certificate...nothing.

Even though it was obvious that this was some sort of glitch on their end, they had the nerve to ask me to fork over $150 to cover the cost until they were able to "sort things out." I was promised a call this morning by the spa manager at which point I was told I would be credited the charge, but it's already 1pm and mum's the word.

When all was said and done, I remembered why I always leave there saying, "I'm never going back to Burke Williams again." I just left a message for the manager...stay tuned for the final chapter of "Burke Williams...beyond the nightmare."

No comments: