Monday, November 27, 2006

We All Scream For Rice Dream!

I recently took on the professional advice of a nutritionist and within one consultation, gone are the days of plowing through a bag of Pirate's Booty thinking, "well, it's better than Dorito's" and no longer can I indulge in my addiction to chocolate chip cookies or mounds of Gouda. Dairy=Satan...or something like that.

In my quest to fulfill an unending desire for both sugar and dairy, I discovered the next best thing to Skinny Cows (see past Picky-Chick rave)...Rice Dream's Carrot Cake "rice" cream.

If you like the taste of pumpkin & spice and you have a weakness for ice cream...then you will LOVE and I mean LOVE this frozen treat. Many "healthier option" desserts on the market add Splenda or some other scary unnatural sweetener to give it it's flavor, but Rice Dream doesn't use any refined sweeteners, contains no cholesterol and is lactose free...which does all of us some good.

The next time you are in the frozen food aisle, grab a pint (there are a slew of flavors)...you won't regret it.

You can find Rice Dream at any Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.

No comments: