Thursday, February 01, 2007

Silicone in the Oven?

Red Velvet cupcakes, homemade oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies...all outcomes of my recent aspiration to bake like Martha. While this journey to Betty Crocker bliss is a good one, I find myself not always knowing what I need. Like, why are my cupcakes so darn small? How does Sprinkles get theirs to be ginormous? I want ginormous cupcakes! Is it possible that there are cupcake pans in small, medium and large?

Well, a co-worker let me in on a little piece of sweet information. In Culver City lies a kitchen supply store that caters to pros and up-and-coming pros like myself. From shaped cookie cutters to silicone this and that, Surfas has just about everything you need for less than what you'll spend at Sur La Table. I haven't actually been yet, but their online store is pretty awesome and I am looking forward to having my list of questions answered. I'll let you know how my shopping experience goes.

Surfas Restaurant and Supply
8824 National Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
310-559-4770

No comments: