Thursday, September 14, 2006

Anya Who?

I am constantly getting stopped and asked where I got my adorable bag...grocery store, pharmacy, restaurants. I have programmed the response like a mother-to-be would, "It's a boy...due in May," only my response is "Anya Hindmarch...she's a London based designer...has a store on Robertson with a black and white striped awning." I am always surprised to hear that no one in the U.S. really knows who this designer is.

I was first introduced to Anya Hindmarch years ago by a friend when I was living in New York. Her SoHo boutique was always bumping and hitting it at sale time was like winning the lottery. My addiction to her bags started then and hasn't really weakened. While some of her most popular styles embrace images of pure bread cats or farm animals, Anya's classic designs of totes, shoulder bags and clutches manage to keep her ahead of the trends.

When looking for that next big bag purchase...maybe re-think Barney's and stroll over to Anya Hindmarch to try something new.

118 S. Robertson Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
310.271.9707

*Also, be sure to check out Anya's ongoing "Be A Bag" campaign that raises money for several charitable causes. You get to actually "be" a bag! I got my mom one for Mother's Day with a picture of the two of us from when I was a little girl. It was a major hit!

No comments: